Standalone rsync for Win98?

David E. Weekly david at there.com
Wed Jul 10 03:31:01 EST 2002

David,

Thank you for your reply.

Let me clarify my original post. We are indeed using Cygwin, but an older
version, as recent builds of Cygwin take obscenely long to do simple
operations like "rm", "touch", "cp", or "tar" (when uncompressing) on
Windows 2000 using NTFS. Consequently, we've stuck with older versions of
Cygwin that seem to be much faster (>10x!) at these operations. It is for
this reason we have not upgraded Cygwin.

Is there a particular reason why there is no standalone rsync for Windows?

Yours,
 David Weekly
 Software Engineer
 There, Inc.