help: rsync error codes

Mike.Li at schenker.ca Mike.Li at schenker.ca
Sat Jan 26 03:52:19 EST 2002

Hi,
Could anyone explain to me why I'm getting the following error messages
during rsync -a operation? Thanks.

error 1:
Integer overflow - attempted 64 bit offset
rsync error: requested action not supported (code 4) at io.c(348)
rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (333235 bytes read so far)
rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at io.c(139)

error 2:
rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (2696656 bytes read so far)
rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at io.c(139)

Best regards,
Mike  Li

whom it is addressed. It may contain confidential or legally privileged
that any disclosure, copying, distribution of this information is strictly
error, please notify us immediately by responding to this email and then
delete it from your system. Schenker is neither liable for the proper and
complete transmission of the information contained in this communication
nor for any delay in its receipt.