rsync: future of the --server option

tim.conway at philips.com tim.conway at philips.com
Fri Jan 25 10:40:02 EST 2002

Hehe... gotcha.  --server and --sender are undocumented because they are
commands used by the initiating rsync to cause the called rsync behave as
a slave.  --daemon IS documented well enough, though it's meaningless
unless you also read the (also very good) rsyncd.conf documentation.

The message you were reading was about a special application, not normal
usage.

Tim Conway
tim.conway at philips.com
303.682.4917
Philips Semiconductor - Longmont TC
1880 Industrial Circle, Suite D
Longmont, CO 80501
Available via SameTime Connect within Philips, n9hmg on AIM
perl -e 'print pack(nnnnnnnnnnnn,
19061,29556,8289,28271,29800,25970,8304,25970,27680,26721,25451,25970),
".\n" '
"There are some who call me.... Tim?"

"Martin A. Brown" <mabrown at securepipe.com>
Sent by: rsync-admin at lists.samba.org