Rsync

tim.conway at philips.com tim.conway at philips.com
Fri Jan 25 07:55:40 EST 2002

No.  Rsync is unidirectional.
If you try to do it both ways, first, it's going to delete anything on
hostb that isn't on hosta, then make all the files on hostb just like
hosta.  Then, if you try to go back the other way, all the changes on
hostb are already gone.
There is a product called "unison", which is made to do what you're asking
about.  I don't know more about it than that it exists.  A quick google
should get you to it.
Good luck.

Tim Conway
tim.conway at philips.com
303.682.4917
Philips Semiconductor - Longmont TC
1880 Industrial Circle, Suite D
Longmont, CO 80501
Available via SameTime Connect within Philips, n9hmg on AIM
perl -e 'print pack(nnnnnnnnnnnn,
19061,29556,8289,28271,29800,25970,8304,25970,27680,26721,25451,25970),
".\n" '
"There are some who call me.... Tim?"

Raj <rgoud at yahoo.com>
01/24/2002 09:21 AM