suid files and bsd

tim.conway at philips.com tim.conway at philips.com
Fri Jan 25 08:01:48 EST 2002

rsync tries to make the files the same.  If you include mode, that's that.
 Perhaps you could modify generator.c for your own copy, to mask off the
suid and sgid bits, so the list would make them all look non-suid, source
and dest, and thus not try to set them, and not care that they're not set.

I'm not sure it's generator.c, but i'm sure you can find it.

Tim Conway
tim.conway at philips.com
303.682.4917
Philips Semiconductor - Longmont TC
1880 Industrial Circle, Suite D
Longmont, CO 80501
Available via SameTime Connect within Philips, n9hmg on AIM
perl -e 'print pack(nnnnnnnnnnnn,
19061,29556,8289,28271,29800,25970,8304,25970,27680,26721,25451,25970),
".\n" '
"There are some who call me.... Tim?"

Steve <stephen at dim.com>
Sent by: rsync-admin at lists.samba.org