suid files and bsd

Steve stephen at dim.com
Fri Jan 25 07:25:45 EST 2002

Excuse my poor question/phrasing I am in alot of pain and on alot of fun
drugs.

hosta = backup machine
hostb = rsync client

hosta has a filesytem labelled /backup. It is mounted as rw,nosuid
hostb is sucessfully backing up all files except ones currently suid.

I would gather that it would copy the file over just ignore the +s bit in
the file... I hope this is more clear.

Steve