Error in rsync that I don't understand..

Sri Ramkrishna sramkris at ichips.intel.com
Tue Jan 15 09:03:04 EST 2002

> No, I really don't see how it would be possible for rsync to print that
> error.  I also see no occurrences of the string "bind:" or "bytes :".

I agree that it's not rsync source thats causing the problem, but something in
the rsync code calls a system call that calls the one thats failing?  Do you
see what I mean?  It's an indirect reference not the rsync code itself.  I
agree it's not rsync's fault..so I think I'll try to pursue on my own since
it's happening on multiple machines and I don't see this on other platforms.

> What's the simplest command you can run to repeat the problem?  Often just
> the process of narrowing down a problem points to the solution.

Yep thats what I'm doing..divide and conquer. :-)

sri