Error message when a file moves in the middle

Rusty Carruth rcarruth at tempe.tt.slb.com
Thu Jan 10 04:53:56 EST 2002

Dave Dykstra <dwd at bell-labs.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 09, 2002 at 11:55:24AM -0500, Philip Mak wrote:
> > Can I make rsync suppress this sort of error
> > message, so that these messages don't show up in my mailbox?
>
> No, you'll have to post-process the output of rsync.

Um, lets see - something like this should do it:

contab entry:

<date selection> do_the_rsync

script do_the_rsync:

#!/bin/csh # or choose your favourite shell here, I'm being lazy with output control...

rsync (your favourite options here) |& egrep -v "^send_files failed to open .*: No such file or directory"

--- end of script----

Or whatever modifications you want (disclaimer - the above script has NOT been tested and may indeed
throw away ALL error messages (doubtful, but possible ;-)

rc