rsync for NCR MP-RAS (SRV 4)

Martin Pool mbp at samba.org
Tue Jan 8 15:11:32 EST 2002

On  7 Jan 2002, Mike.Li at schenker.ca wrote:

> I still have problems running the options
> like /usr/local/bin/rsync --daemon
> will give me an error
> Thanks in advance.

> (gdb) run --help
> Starting program: /usr/local/bin/rsync --help
> Reading in symbols for clientserver.c...done.
> Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libresolv.so...done.
> Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libsocket.so...done.
> Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libnsl.so...done.
> Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libc.so.1...done.
>
> Program received signal 11, Segmentation fault
> Reading in symbols for popt/popt.c...done.
> 0x8051927 in poptBadOption (con=0x8b08c483, flags=1) at popt/popt.c:704
> 704         return os->argv[os->next - 1];

It looks like something in popt is interacting badly with your system.
Please try getting the latest version from

  http://freshmeat.net/projects/popt

and running the test cases with "make check".  If they fail, please
try to get a C programmer with access to your machine to find the
problem.  If they pass, then try installing libpopt and linking rsync
against that.  (Use "make distclean; ./configure
--without-included-popt")

--
Martin

p.s. if somebody is helping you debug problems *for free* then it is
kind of annoying to not read and follow their instructions: