(patch) memory leak in loadparm.c

Colin Walters walters at debian.org
Thu Jan 3 14:28:39 EST 2002

On Wed, 2002-01-02 at 17:29, Dave Dykstra wrote:
> Isn't there some solution that doesn't have to explicitly list every
> variable name?  I think that's asking for future bugs; just because there's
> an instruction in a comment doesn't mean people will remember to do what
> it says when they add a new variable.

I don't think there is a way to do it without fairly major surgery in
that code (though I would be happy to be proved wrong), and if I was
going to spend any amount of time on it, the only possible course of
action I see would be to trash the whole thing and rewrite it
sanely...which I personally don't have time to do, but if someone else
does, please do that instead of using my patch.