No --delete-after?

Dave Dykstra dwd at bell-labs.com
Thu Jan 3 08:47:12 EST 2002

On Fri, Dec 21, 2001 at 04:05:01PM -0500, Mack, Daemian wrote:
> Is anyone successfully using the Cygwin rsync on Win2k (or NT4) as both
> daemon and client, with --delete-after working on the client?
>
> I can get --delete to work, but I'd prefer to delete files only on a
> successful transfer, to ensure that the end-user has a working collection of
> files, no matter what release.  For some reason, --delete-after does nothing
> for me, even as administrator on the Win2k box that's acting as a client.
>

> Daemian Mack

--delete is already not supposed to delete anything if there are any errors
on the sending machine.  Are you in particular concerned about errors on
the receiving machine?  I've never used --delete-after, but in looking at
the code it looks it should move all the deletes to after all the files
have been received.  Can you itemize a series of simple steps, starting
from scratch, that demonstrates the problem you're seeing?

- Dave Dykstra