rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at io.c(140)

Andrew McGregor Andrew.McGregor at amtrak.co.uk
Wed Feb 27 22:29:44 EST 2002

Hi,

I have installed 2.5.3pre1 but have (virtually) the same error:

| write failed on large_file2 : Success:12
| rsync error: error in file IO (code 11) at receiver.c(271)
| rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (201 bytes read so far)
| rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at
io.c(151)

The command I run is:

| andrewm at massachusetts:~/test-rsync$ rsync -v --progress
conn:/home/andrewm/test-rsync/tree/* /home/andrewm/test-rsync/rsh_tree/

Are there other debug options I can use?  Or possibly compile the source
differently to help prove/disprove this as a bug/local system problem?

Regards

Andrew McGregor