map_ptr warning

tim.conway at philips.com tim.conway at philips.com
Wed Feb 20 01:37:12 EST 2002

It's known.  Dave answered it Friday.
On Fri, Feb 15, 2002 at 11:08:03PM +0100, Ragnar Wisl?ff wrote:
> We're using rsync to mirror a web server. The rsync is initiated using
> ssh from a Red Hat Linux 7.2 box, the files are located on an Alpha
> running a version of Digital Unix 4. On the Alpha rsync is 2.5.2, The
> Linux box used to have  a 2.4.6-X version, but with the map_ptr problems
> I built 2.5.2 on that as well. However, version incompatibility was not
> the problem, as they persist after the upgrade.
>
> The problems occur in a limited number of directories, and mostly with
> graphics files. The error message is "Warning:unexpected read size of 0
> i map_ptr".
>
> Any suggestions of what could be done to rectify this?

The problem is in 2.5.2.  Apply the patch at
    http://cvs.samba.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/rsync/match.c.diff?r1=1.47&r2=1.48

- Dave Dykstra

Tim Conway
tim.conway at philips.com
303.682.4917
Philips Semiconductor - Longmont TC
1880 Industrial Circle, Suite D
Longmont, CO 80501
Available via SameTime Connect within Philips, n9hmg on AIM
perl -e 'print pack(nnnnnnnnnnnn,
19061,29556,8289,28271,29800,25970,8304,25970,27680,26721,25451,25970),
".\n" '
"There are some who call me.... Tim?"

"Bob O'Connor" <roconnor at vectorpartners.com>
Sent by: rsync-admin at lists.samba.org