rsync-2.5.3pre1 preview release -- please try it
mbp at samba.org
Tue Feb 19 13:23:04 EST 2002
Available now from samba.org and all mirrors. Please report bugs,
compilation problems, etc. If there are no major issues I think I
will put this out as 2.5.3 shortly, because it fixes a few serious
issues. Thanks to everybody who contributed patches.
rsync 2.5.3 (not released yet)
* Make sure that supplementary groups are removed from a server
process after changing uid and gid. (Ethan Benson)
* Fixed problem that in many cases caused the error message
unexpected read size of 0 in map_ptr
and resulted in the wrong data being copied.
* Fixed compilation errors on some systems caused by the use of
"unsigned int64" in rsync.h.
* Fixed problem on systems such as Sunos4 that do not support realloc
on a NULL pointer; error was "out of memory in flist_expand".
* Fix for rsync server processes hanging around after the client
unexpectedly disconnects. (Colin Walters) (Debian bug #128632)
* Cope with BSD systems on which mkdir() will not accept a trailing
* Command to initiate connections is only shown with -vv, rather
than -v as in 2.5.2. Output from plain -v is more similar to
what was historically used so as not to break scripts that try
to parse the output.
* Added --no-whole-file and --no-blocking-io options (Dave Dykstra)
* Made the --write-batch and --read-batch options actually work
and added documentation in the man page (Jos Backus)
* If the daemon is unable to fork a child to accept a connection,
print an error message. (Colin Walters)
More information about the rsync