Web Interface to rysnc

Frank Perugini frankp at web-worx.com
Fri Feb 15 01:06:51 EST 2002

Joseph,

Thanks for the reply. I would be interested in your File::Rsync::Safe
module. When you are ready I would be happy to beta test for you. Sounds
like I would run into the same problems you did when you had it setup. Do
you have any of that original work?

My problem right now is the transport layer for rsync. I already have ssh
configured on both dev and production servers. We use it for remote shells
for maintenance. ssh is currently set up to use passwords. When I run rsync
sessions and specify ssh as the transport, I get prompted interactively for
a password. I know I can use SSH keys with no passphrase, but I like the
extra security of passwords. I have been trying to wrap the rsync command
using the Expect module, but having a few problems right now. I don't know
if this will work out.

-Frank