Web Interface to rysnc

Frank Perugini frankp at web-worx.com
Thu Feb 14 11:30:30 EST 2002

Greetings All,

I am planning on authoring a web-based (CGI) interface to rsync. The idea is
to build a fool-proof interface for my web designers to push content changes
from our development server to our live production server. I am talking
about an interface which allows point-n-click navigation of file system
folders and the ability to push files. These users are both MAC and Windows
based. We are a web design and hosting company.

I have been monitoring this group and other newsgroups and experimenting
with rsync. I know there is a perl module that wraps rsync, and I will
probably use it.

Does anyone know if anyone else has already undertook a project of this type
already? I don't want to re-invent the wheel. I have not seen much mention
of any web-based interfaces or wrappers (other than the perl module).
There's usually people creating web-based interfaces to just about
everything, but I have not seen this yet. I think it can be a very useful
system.

Regards,

-Frank