unexpected EOF in read_timeout (was Re[2]: [Fwd: Re: meaning of "IO Error: skipping the delete...."]])

Rusty Carruth rcarruth at tempe.tt.slb.com
Thu Feb 14 02:23:54 EST 2002

Nitin Agarwal <nitin.agarwal at timesgroup.com> wrote:
> Dear Mr. Rusty,
> We have not defined the timeout parameter in the configuration file. That means no timeout (by
> default). So, that cant be the solution.
> Further, I checked on the net (in the mailing lists), many are complaining the same error, but
> none has given the solution for the same.
>
> Kindly advice what to do......

Well, I'm stumped too.  (Although I thought I'd read that the
default timeout was not infinite when not otherwise specified,
but I've got so much going on right now that I could easily be
confused on that one!)

I'm sending this reply to the entire list in hopes that I've simply
missed the answer, or that someone knows the answer, or something...

rc