error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at token.c(288)

Dave Dykstra dwd at bell-labs.com
Wed Feb 13 09:56:51 EST 2002

I did some playing with this.  It takes a while because the file is so
big.  I don't really know what's going on, but I did find that deflate() is
returning at line 493 of zlib/deflate.c just after a comment that says
"this is not an error situation".  So if I change like 285 of token.c to
delete the "|| tx_strm.avail_in != 0" it all seems to work properly.  I'm
not sure if that's an OK thing to do or not, though.  Somebody who knows
something about zlib would have to look at it.

- Dave Dykstra