Rsync error

tim.conway at philips.com tim.conway at philips.com
Wed Feb 13 05:28:14 EST 2002

rsh gives a reduced environment.  if rsync on ApplServ isn't in /bin or /usr/bin, that's probably your problem.  It's such a
common problem that somebody added the "--rsync-path=" option for just
such needs.  In my case, i have rsync in /cadappl/encap/bin (symlinked
into /cadappl/encap/packages/rsync.something/bin).  It's in my path, but
not the base system path given by rsync (/bin:/usr/bin, which is really
silly, as /bin is a symlink to /usr/bin on solaris).  "rsync
--rsync-path=`which rsync` options source destination" should make it easy
if your systems are identical, else, you'll have to explicitly state it
("rsync --rsync-path=/cadappl/encap/bin/rsync options source
destination").

Tim Conway
tim.conway at philips.com
303.682.4917
Philips Semiconductor - Longmont TC
1880 Industrial Circle, Suite D
Longmont, CO 80501
Available via SameTime Connect within Philips, n9hmg on AIM
perl -e 'print pack(nnnnnnnnnnnn,
19061,29556,8289,28271,29800,25970,8304,25970,27680,26721,25451,25970),
".\n" '
"There are some who call me.... Tim?"

"Leslie Turkson" <lturkson at hotmail.com>
Sent by: rsync-admin at lists.samba.org