rsync dir in _both_ directions?

Jack McKinney jackmc-rsync at lorentz.com
Thu Feb 7 09:13:00 EST 2002

Big Brother tells me that David Bolen wrote:

> Since it's an easy experiment - why "suspect" - did you try this?  It
> should take virtually no time for the second (sans the initial
> checksum computation and transmission, which to be fair for large
> files and small block sizes can be quite significant).

    I hadn't checked it because I haven't had the time to set up the
experiment.  I was planning to do this at home tonight.  I must say, I
am quite impressed by the algorithm rsync is implementing.  I am going
to have to look at the source on this when I get some time.

--
"As you gain experience, you'll realise that   Jack McKinney
 all logical questions are considered          jackmc at lorentz.com
 insubordination."  -Dogbert                   http://www.lorentz.com
                                               1024D/FBED2DAA 4096g/3F93879F
2002 Chicago Cubs magic number: 163