Limit consumption of space on destination?

Dirk Markwardt D.Markwardt at tu-bs.de
Sat Feb 2 22:26:27 EST 2002

Hi !

You don't like partitions ... OK ! Have a look at LVM (Logical Volume Management). With LVM you are able to resize a Logical Volume without backup and restore. LVM and Howto are available at http://www.sistina.com/lvm .

> How have other rsync users solved this problem?

One big partition is rather unflexible. So I recommend using LVM. You can only fill up one Logical Volume, not the whole root-Filesystem ... I think you only want to sync User-Data, not the system, so LVM could be one solution for you.

Greetings
         Dirk
Dirk Markwardt               Für die einen ist es Windows,
Besselstr. 7                 für die anderen die wahrscheinlich
38114 Braunschweig           längste Batchdatei der Welt
d.markwardt at tu-bs.de