Moving files revisited

Dave Dykstra dwd at bell-labs.com
Fri Feb 1 03:42:07 EST 2002

It's up to Martin to decide, but I'm sorry to tell you that I'm opposed to
a --move-files option.  I think that if somebody wants to do that they
should do it with an external program after rsync returns a clean exit
code.  It seems to me that it goes against the purpose of rsync because
after the files are removed from the sending side there's nothing left to
sync later.

- Dave Dykstra