am I missing something, or are permissions always preserved?

Ben bench at tukati.com
Tue Dec 31 21:31:59 EST 2002

Yeah, my problem is that the chmod fails, so then rsync complains not
everything worked as expected. Because I'm writing files to a network
mount with forced permissions, I would like a way for rsync to simply
create the file and never try to chmod what it creates. Normally that
would probably be a bad idea, but when writing to a share with forced
permissions....

I'm actually a bit surprised nobody else has run into this.