ssh on non standard port with rsync problem

Dan dan at mailgravity.com
Thu Dec 19 06:08:01 EST 2002

Hey Guys,

I am running ssh on a non standard port.  So when I specify the --rsh=ssh
switch to rsync it naturally fails.  I tried putting in the command with
switches, quoted and unquoted.  I tried to have it call an ssh script that
is really just a script with the line ssh -P portnumber.  No luck.  Anyone
know if I can rsync if I run ssh on a non-standard port? Oh and
the --port=PORT switch didn't work either.  Any ideas?  Your help is greatly
appreciated.

-Dan