rsync on win32: a) slow, b) crashes

Greger Cronquist greger_cronquist at yahoo.se
Mon Dec 16 10:48:00 EST 2002

> I've only ever used used gcc on *nix, what's
> involved in compiling them
> myself on Win32?  Unless rsync can be compiled
> statically, I'll have to
> somehow keep it compatible with the installed Cygwin
> DLLs (??).
>
> Any idea if this patch is planned for inclusion in
> the official Cygwin
> binaries?

If you download gcc with cygwin, the compilation
procedure is exactly the same as under *nix. As for
the cygwin1.dll problems, I don't know how compatible
the different versions are, but I assume the API is
pretty fixed. I don't think you can link cygwin
statically.

Regarding inclusion, I think the
rsync/cygwin-maintainer is on this list, so we can
hope! :-)

/Greger