rsync on win32: a) slow, b) crashes

Greger Cronquist greger_cronquist at yahoo.se
Mon Dec 16 07:43:00 EST 2002

Hi Scott,

On this mailinglist, there is a thread called "Rsync
performance increase through buffering". The first
post in that thread, by Craig Barratt, contains a
number of patches that increases the transfer speed *a
lot* under windows/cygwin. Applying this patch alone,
however, hangs rsync, so you need to apply another
patch mentioned at

(brought to my attention by Jim Kleckner). If you do
all that you get a much more stable and a lot faster
rsync under windows.

If you don't want to apply all the patches, contact
me, and I'll send you patched sources or a binary that
works for me under win2k (though I haven't tried the
patches under linux).

Regards, Greger

 --- scott <rsync at slittle.com> skrev: > Server is
Linux, client multi-boots Windows and