rsync to 2000/NT servers?

John Morgan Salomon john at zog.net
Thu Dec 12 10:58:00 EST 2002

Steve--

I (unfortunately) have this setup--rsynching FreeBSD boxes to a Windows
2000 machine.  The Win2k box is my Veritas BackupExec server, and I
don't have a local tape drive for the BSDs.

I was unsuccessful getting either rsync or sshd to work as services
under cygwin/cygrunsrv, but thanks to the kind help of Bart Coninckx, at
least rsync works nicely as a native Windows service (with some registry
entries.)  I managed to get a clean installation of Cygwin with both
sshd and rsyncd running as services via cygrunsrv on a Win2k laptop,
so I'll be trying this next on my server.

Cheers,

-John