include-exclude patterns

marco marco at iftbqp.com
Tue Dec 10 05:10:01 EST 2002

Hi,
I just subscribe to ask you a question about patterns in exclude-include
files.
I just want some folders to be rsynced to a remote machine.
What I tried is :
IncludeFile
-------------------------
/etc/
/var/lib/zope/
- /*
-----------------------
result of
$$ rsync -avvrn --delete --delete-excluded
--include-from=/backup-include -e ssh / /backup
is
expand file_list to 4000 bytes, did move
 including directory etc because of pattern /etc/
 excluding directory usr because of pattern /*
 excluding directory bin because of pattern /*
 excluding directory var because of pattern /*
 excluding directory boot because of pattern /*
 excluding directory dev because of pattern /*
 excluding directory home because of pattern /*
 excluding directory lib because of pattern /*
 excluding directory mnt because of pattern /*
 excluding directory proc because of pattern /*
 excluding directory root because of pattern /*
 excluding directory sbin because of pattern /*
 excluding directory tmp because of pattern /*
 excluding directory floppy because of pattern /*
 excluding directory cdrom because of pattern /*
 excluding directory initrd because of pattern /*
 done

What about /var/lib/zope/ ?

I lost my afternoon on this
Could you explain me what I am missing ?

thanks
--
marco