bug reporting.. bugzilla

Dave Dykstra dwd at drdykstra.us
Thu Dec 5 21:09:01 EST 2002

On Wed, Dec 04, 2002 at 04:42:35PM -0800, Sriram Ramkrishna wrote:
> Have you considered using bugzilla for reporting bugs?  Just curious.
> I was looking on the rsync website and didn't see much in bug
> reporting.

There used to be another bug reporting system but it was being ignored
so Martin turned it off.  I think it would be a good idea to have a bug
tracking system, but then somebody would need to respond to everything.
I think Martin preferred that questions get sent to the mailing list
where there are more people who might respond and not just the maintainer.
Perhaps a compromise like on the openssh mailing list would be in order,
where every update to bugzilla gets sent to the main developers' mailing
list.  Perhaps it would also make sense to have a separate developer and
user mailing list.

- Dave