symbolic links

Dave Dykstra dwd at drdykstra.us
Thu Dec 5 14:21:02 EST 2002

Personally I don't see why see why replacing a file with a symbolic
link is any more dangerous than replacing it with a different file.
Doesn't it back up the file if you use the --backup option?  If you use
the --update option rsync shouldn't replace any file or symlink that is
newer than the either that is older, will that help?

- Dave