Unexplained error (code 255)--Followup

Alex Kelly KellyA at franklin.edu
Wed Dec 4 20:39:00 EST 2002

In followup to my previous post.  I have narrowed it down to an SSH
client issue, so I have been able to workaround it w/ the following:

1.  Install the Solaris9 OpenSSH package from sunfreeware
2.  Install the Solaris9 OpenSSL package from sunfreeware (required by
openSSH)
3.  invoke rsync w/ rsync -avz --progress -e /usr/local/bin/ssh
server:/path/to/file .

The SSH daemon can still be running Sun_SSH on the server-side...As
long as I use OpenSSH from rsync (client-side) , everything is working.

Alex