Rsync client running in background

Robert Raszuk raszuk at cisco.com
Tue Dec 3 19:16:07 EST 2002

All,

I am using rsync to sync multiple files in the background of some other
tasks from server to clients. It is launched dynamically from any of the
client web cgi-s and in order for apache to continue and not delay user
pages I am running in in a forked chiled with all IN/OUT/ERR closed on
it.

Now after Dave's suggestion I am testing "--ignore-existing" knob, but
unfortunately rsync just logs a core. How can I troubleshoot such a case
? If I leave OUT/ERR open it works OK. (of course -v option is not
present).

Any other tip in reading rsync core files would be welcome as well !

Thx,
R.