Trailing Slash Inconsistencies

Dave Dykstra dwd at drdykstra.us
Tue Dec 3 15:12:00 EST 2002

I didn't test this out myself, but I have a couple comments.  One is to
note the two scenarios are quite different internally to rsync because in
the second case "home" is the name of a rsyncd.conf module and not just
a path.  Secondly, the -R option is not used very often and may behave
in some unexpected ways.  It's certainly not needed in this case because
you can always control whether or not the destination path has an extra "home"
at the end.  Try the two without -R.

- Dave Dykstra (who hasn't posted lately because I'm looking for a new job)