Rsync service on Win2k?

John Morgan Salomon john at zog.net
Tue Dec 3 13:07:00 EST 2002

Okay--

do the permissions for SYSTEM have to be explicit?  I've just given full
control
to EVERYONE.

I've also been trying

cygrunsrv -I "RSYNC" -d "Rsync daemon" -p /usr/bin/rsync.exe -a
"--config=/etc/rsyncd.conf --daemon --no-detach"

My /etc/rsyncd.conf file:

$ cat /etc/rsyncd.conf
use chroot = false
strict modes = false
log file = /var/log/rsyncd.log

[backup]
        path = /tmp/rsync
        comment = rsync temp dir

There are no log entries in /var/log/rsyncd.log...

mount -m yields:

$ mount -m
mount -f -u -b "C:/cygwin/bin" "/usr/bin"
mount -f -u -b "C:/cygwin/lib" "/usr/lib"
mount -f -u -b "C:/cygwin" "/"
mount    -b --change-cygdrive-prefix "/cygdrive"

Thanks to everyone for the help and tips so far.

Cheers,

-John