Rsync service on Win2k?

Greger Cronquist greger_cronquist at yahoo.se
Sun Dec 1 13:56:00 EST 2002

When I tried to do this, I had problems with access
rights (with NTFS). The service is by default run by
the SYSTEM user, so you need to make sure that this
user has right to read and execute all relevant files
(rsync, rsyncd.conf, cygwin1.dll, cygrunsrv, if not
more). On my system, SYSTEM had no such rights by
default, so I had to add those rights manually (right
click on the files and go for the security tab).

You could try to make the service run as a different
user from the Service manager. If you make that work,
please let me know as I've never managed to (I get the
same errors as those you describe below, but it
doesn't seem to have anything to do with access
rights).

Regards, Greger

 --- John Morgan Salomon <john at zog.net> skrev: > Hi
all,