rsync 2.5.5, HPUX, getting unexplained error at main.c(578)

Jim_Donovan at Playstation.sony.com Jim_Donovan at Playstation.sony.com
Tue Aug 27 07:40:00 EST 2002

I've determined what seems to be a work-around for this unexplained error.
I'm not a programmer, so I don't know for sure why it works, but adding a
call to msleep() for 200 ms in the following sections of main.c "fixes"
things.  Hopefully, someone with more knowledge of this program can tell me
why, and perhaps come up with a more elegant fix.

diff -c main.c.old main.c
*** main.c.old  Tue Aug 27 09:25:46 2002
--- main.c      Tue Aug 27 09:30:29 2002
***************
*** 572,577 ****
--- 572,578 ----
                        if (verbose > 3)
                                rprintf(FINFO,"client_run waiting on %d\n",
(int) pid);
                        io_flush();
+                       msleep(200);
                        wait_process(pid, &status);
                }
                report(-1);
***************
*** 602,607 ****
--- 603,609 ----
                if (verbose > 3)
                        rprintf(FINFO,"client_run2 waiting on %d\n", (int)
pid);
                io_flush();
+               msleep(200);
                wait_process(pid, &status);