Applying the "Connection reset by peer"

bart.coninckx at watco.be bart.coninckx at watco.be
Thu Aug 22 08:03:00 EST 2002

Hi all,

we're suffering heavily from the "connection reset by peer" problem when
running Rsync on WinNT.
Great was our relief when seeing Randy's message in
http://www.mail-archive.com/rsync@lists.samba.org/msg01918.html

I immediately installed the full Cygwin to recompile Rsync, but since I'm
far from a C guru, I'm a bit puzzled with the last 2 lines in Randy's
patch:

cleanup.c:_exit_cleanup() just before exit(code)
socket.c:start_accept_loop() just before _exit(ret)

should I simply put "_exit_cleanup()" before "exit(code)" in cleanup.c with
nothing in between the "()" ? (same for socket.c?)

I disregard these two lines and compiled the EXE again and it seems to be
working, haven't tested it thoroughly though...

Your help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance,

Rgds,

Bart Coninckx
Network Administrator
CNE, ASE
*************************************
Watco ICT Services
Lilsedijk 19
B-2340 Beerse

e-mail: bart.coninckx at watco.be
Tel: + 32 (0) 14 60 99 42
Fax: + 32 (0) 14 62 41 47
*************************************

The information in this email is confidential, and is intended solely for
the addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient of this email
please let us know by reply and then delete it from your system;
you should not copy this message or disclose its contents to anyone,
not even by forwarding it.
Due to the integrity risk of sending emails over the Internet,
Watco ICT will accept no liability for any comments and/or attachments
contained within this email.