--include option

Leaw, Chern Jian chern.jian.leaw at intel.com
Mon Aug 12 01:05:01 EST 2002

HI,

I'm trying to have files to be included during rsync. I have the filesystem
/stor/circuit_design/, with the following subdirectories as its contents:
	clock_speed
	fub_layout
	test_simulations
	pattern_flow

I would only like to rsync the following 2 subdirectories to the destination
machine:
	clock_speed
	fub_layout
and they're contained in the file called files_included:
# cat files_included
clock_speed
fub_layout

Hence, I invoked rsync as below:
	# rsync -avz --include-from=files_included  /stor/circuit_design/
mickey.willowglen.com:/stor/circuit_design/

However, after rsync is invoked, the other sub-directories i.e
test_simulations and pattern_flow were also included in the destination
filesystem.

I've tried with the following pattern combinations in the file
files_included:
*clock_speed*
*fub_layout*

AND
/clock_speed
/fub_layout

AND
/stor/circuit_design/clock_speed
/stor/circuit_design/fub_layout

AND FINALLY
circuit_design/clock_speed
circuit_design/fub_layout

All other 4 methods did not produced the desired result.

Could someone tell me what is the proper way in including the patterns for
the --include-from option?

Thanks.