How to rsync selective subdirectories

Pepijn Palmans pepijn at kangaroot.net
Sun Aug 11 22:39:00 EST 2002

for i in `ls .` do; rsync -e ssh ./$i/toid user at host:dir; done

I had some problems with using --include and --exclude to skip different
directories and include others when I had a huge number of subdirectories.
It always seems like the rsync actually searches trough those exluded
directories just to exclude them in stead of denying them from the
beginning.

Kind regards,

Pepijn Palmans
Managing Director