rsync-like ftping

Zoltan HERPAI wigyori at 2p.hu
Sun Aug 4 04:58:01 EST 2002

hi,

first of all, sorry about bothering you all on such a nice weekend ;)
i'm looking for a solution for a $subject, ftping up and down only the
different files, which are changed in either size, date, etc. i know that
rsync knows much more than this, but that's only what i need for now.

is there any out-of-the-box solution for this, or should i sit down and write
some scripts which lists all the files on the ftpserver, differs to the
local structure, 'chooses' which are needed to be uploaded, then uploads
it? (i'm not a very experienced programmer, and uploading half gig on a
per-day basis is not an option for me). i think this is not rtfm://, but
if it is, please point me to the correct doc ;)

thanks in advance,
-w-
Zoltan HERPAI