rsync & ssh & a specific Port

Jos Backus jos at catnook.com
Mon Apr 29 16:06:02 EST 2002

On Mon, Apr 29, 2002 at 06:53:54PM -0400, Administrator wrote:
> If someone could show me how to tell rsync to use a specific ssh port I would really appreciate it.

One solution would be to create an ssh wrapper script, like this:

    #!/bin/sh
    exec ssh -p 2222 "$@"

and refer to it instead of ssh using -e (i.e. ``-e myssh'').

Another solution would be to consult the ssh manpage and look at the ways one
can force ssh to use different options on a per host basis. In this case you
would use the Port directive in /etc/ssh/ssh_config or ~/.ssh/config:

    Host myhost
	Port 2222

--
Jos Backus                 _/  _/_/_/        Santa Clara, CA