Patch to avoid 'Connection reset by peer' error for rsync on cygwin

Max Bowsher maxb at ukf.net
Mon Apr 29 07:04:03 EST 2002

What is the status of this patch? (Ideally I'd like it to make it in to 2.5.6,
so I can stop using a modified version). I have successfully used rsync with the
patch on Linux, and have done a test where a client does connect(), then
sleep(), whilst the server does write(), shutdown(,SHUT_WR),close(), before the
client does read(), and this completes successfully.

If there is anything else I should do to help it along, please let me know.

Max.