rsync 2.5.5 - Utilizing "exclude from" in rsync.conf

Dave Dykstra dwd at bell-labs.com
Fri Apr 26 14:26:02 EST 2002

No, the -vv has to be on the client side.  The fact that most of your
patterns don't have a '/' in them makes them pretty simply and it seems
like they ought to work.  Excludes specified on the server can be overridden
by the client, however.  What is the command line on the client?  Do the
files get excluded if you specify it on the client side?  What version is
of rsync is running on both sides, and what are the operating systems?

- Dave Dykstra