"symmetric" mirroring (was "testing")

Rich Winkel rich at math.missouri.edu
Thu Apr 25 17:37:01 EST 2002

Sorry for the junk mail, it seems my last post was lost in the ether,
despite being successfully delivered to lists.samba.org (!)
Very frustrating, since I didn't keep a copy of it.

My question was regarding what might be called symmetric mirroring,
where two sets of identical files, both being simultaneously updated,
are periodically syncronized.

Has anyone implemented this?  I posted a script which I think
would work.  If my original post doesn't show up I guess I'll have
to type it in again.  At any rate, implementing it in rsync doesn't
seem like it would be too difficult.

Thanks,
Rich