4.4BSD chflags support for rsync

Dave Dykstra dwd at bell-labs.com
Thu Apr 25 13:55:18 EST 2002

I'm sorry for the long delay in replying.  I'm cleaning up my rsync mailbox
now after a one week vacation and about a month of not having time to look
at it.

I think the --flags patch is probably fine, except that that the short
description should at least say "preserve file flags" instead of just
"preserve flags" since most people wouldn't know what "flags" means.

I don't like --ignore-existing, though.  What's the point of using rsync
if you're not updating existing files?

- Dave