Rsync 2.5.5 Error Tags

Greg Brissey greg.brissey at varianinc.com
Tue Apr 23 11:26:02 EST 2002

I've gotten several different errors with rsync. Maybe someone can help me.

1.

rsync -azSH --stats --delete-after /export/home remote:/export/home/bkup
delete_file: rmdir(home/greg/vnmrsys) : File exists
rsync: symlink "home/greg/vnmrsys" -> "/export/home/vnmrsys": File exists
unexpected tag 91
rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at io.c(298)

2.

rsync -azSH --stats --delete-after --safe-links --exclude "SunWS_cache/"
--exclude ".sb/" /export/home remote:/export/home/_bkup
unexpected tag -55
rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at io.c(298)

where do I find out what these tags mean?

I also get this occasionally

mkstemp  failed: File name too long
      42776 100%   13.60MB/s    0:00:00
mkstemp  failed: File name too long
      13556 100%   12.93MB/s    0:00:00
mkstemp  failed: File name too long
      42776 100%   13.60MB/s    0:00:00
mkstemp  failed: File name too long
      13556 100%   12.93MB/s    0:00:00

How do you find out what files are doing this?

Is ther an archive of info I can search on this type of stuff?

Greg