mixed case file systems.

David Bolen db3l at fitlinxx.com
Fri Apr 19 19:42:01 EST 2002

Peter Tattam [peter at jazz-1.trumpet.com.au] writes:

> Given the interoperability problems between versions and the risk of
> data loss, I think I will have to wait till this option is in the
> mainstream.  My alternative workaround to to write a utility to
> rename all files on the errant file system to be all lower case.

Of course it's entirely up to you to try it or not.  But just so you
don't misunderstand my "amusing developer" anecdote ... any data loss
occurred during the development of the patch.  The patch as it stands
now definitely works properly, and we've used it plenty of times
successfully.

(The interoperability between versions is only true if you use the new
option, and that's the same as any of the other options that have been
added over time - it's a generic problem for rsync command line option
evolution)

-- David