rsync and debian -- summary of issues

Adam Heath doogie at debian.org
Thu Apr 11 16:03:02 EST 2002

On Thu, 11 Apr 2002, Martin Pool wrote:

> There seems to be a thread about rsync and Debian packages every
> couple of months.  I've written up a document which tries to cover all
> of the questions and debates.  It's pretty informal, but hopefully
> will be useful.
>
>   http://rsync.samba.org/rsync-and-debian/
>
> I'd appreciate comments.

Seems good.

It'd be nice if there were links to details about how the reverse rsync
algorythm in used, tho.

Also, I've had this idea, to use rdiff to generate the checksums, on the
server.  If rdiff supported a reverse rsync algo(it currently doesn't), then
it would make integration with other tools simplistic(thing a wrapper around
wget and rdiff).