why --delete dosen't work in my script?

Louis-David Mitterrand vindex at apartia.org
Thu Apr 11 07:41:02 EST 2002

Hi,

In my backup script I have noticed nothing gets deleted on the remote
end even though I have --delete and --delete-excluded. Did I miss
anything obvious here?

rsync -azC
	-e ssh
	--relative
	--one-file-system
	--sparse
	--numeric-ids
	--vP
	$IGNORE ## a long list of --exclude patterns
	--delete
	--delete-excluded
	--bwlimit=0
	--backup
	--suffix=''
	--backup-dir=$REMOTE_ROOT/$BACKUP_HOST/$TODAY
	/{etc,home,var/lib,var/cvs,usr/local}
	backup.host.com:$REMOTE_ROOT/$BACKUP_HOST/current

% rsync --version
rsync  version 2.5.4  protocol version 26
Copyright (C) 1996-2002 by Andrew Tridgell and others
<http://rsync.samba.org/>
Capabilities: 64-bit files, socketpairs, hard links, symlinks, batchfiles, IPv6,
              64-bit system inums, 64-bit internal inums

Also, is there any way at all to make --exclude patterns
case-insensitive? Or do I have to write '*.[eE][xX][eE]' etc.?

Thanks in advance, cheers,

--
    ARICIE: Cruel, si de mes pleurs méprisant le pouvoir,
            Vous consentez sans peine à ne plus me revoir,