compilation fails on Cobalt RaQ2

Jurrie Overgoor jurr at tref.nl
Tue Apr 9 10:22:03 EST 2002

Hello,

This problem probably occures because you have got a broken glibc library.
Is the Cobalt RaQ 2 based on RH 5.2? I know the RaQ 1 is, I maintain one.
The solution is to use rsync 2.4.8 (not one above 2.5.0, they don't like the
broken glibc, the ones below 2.5.0 don't care). That was my solution anyway.
You can also try to upgrade glibc. I think you'll need to upgrade to 2.9.
But be warned: you'll first have to update gcc and gmake, and that's a *lot*
of shitwork...

If you succeed in upgrading glibc, drop me a line at jurr at tref.nl. I'd also
like to upgrade, but I'm having problems.

           Greetz -- Jurrie
           jurr at tref.nl

PS: I also tried to find a .mipsel.rpm or a Cobalt .pkg, but no luck there.
If you find one, please mail me ;)